Monday, January 4, 2016

Global Warming vs. Climate Change; Social Change vs. Cultural Warming

This crosses my mind as I find myself iced into my apartment in Corvallis, listening to various music, discussing various international politics, analyzing ecological design: if "climate change" is such a movement-undermining term, so must "social change" be, or "social movement".

What if we are actually talking about cultural warming? Both in "warming" our interactions with other body-objects and as in "warming" to a topic, an idea, a way of thinking. Thinking about warming, and how warming thinks us. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm very happy to have you weigh in. I make no rules against the use of words or the expression of honest emotions, but let's all please keep it civil. Thank you!